Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Paper Pumpkin Projects and Scrapbook Challenge Day 9!

Hi all!  I received my Paper Pumpkin kit in the mail the other day, so I had to take a break from scrapbooking to play with my kit.  If you're not receiving this kit - you're missing out!!!!  We have 3, 6, and 12 month pre-paid subscriptions if you don't want to commit to a monthly fee, but either way, these just keep getting better and better.  If you remember, I was hoping for a July 4th banner in the kit.  Well, it wasn't a banner, but I made one anyway!!!  Here are a few pictures:

The kit comes with enough supplies to make 24 pinwheels, with straw handles or goody bags.  A night of navy ink pad, 3 stamps, embellishments, Baker's Twine and glue dots give you a lot of options.  

Here's one of the pinwheels I made using a heavy duty straw for a handle.  

I love the celebrate stamp on the pre-cut banners.  

Here's one of the goody bags with a pinwheel topper.  I had some peppermint sticks to go with the red, white and blue theme.  

The kit came with 24 jumbo silver brads for the center of the pinwheels and cute mini paper clips.  
And here are the extra projects I made with the kit:
I cut several of the pinwheels in quarters, then sewed them together to make this banner!

I put a piece of straw between each banner piece and added a couple of the small banner pieces with flags stamped in Navy ink.  

I added a pinwheel at each end of the banner

I used my retired alphabet die set since it was set up for scrapbooking.  I just ordered the two new alphabet die sets, so watch out for those coming soon!!!

Here's a quick little card I made using the clear stamps which make it easy to line up the stars.  

And last, but not least, here is the bonus project that my subscribers will be receiving in the next day or so.  

Don't you love this adorable mini banner?  If you have a sewing machine, it's super quick and easy to make.  Yes,  I've already made them for the bonus project, so no worries!
I even have a ton of supplies left.  I think I'll buy those ginormous pixie sticks and make pinwheel tags for our 4th of July in Tallahassee with Kim.  
These are the left over supplies - wow!!!!

This morning, I finished up Kim's 11th grade year.  I need to do some errands, work on some swaps I committed to and I have a workshop at Oasis 4 Kids tonight, so not thinking I'll do too much else today, but I plan to work on 10th grade tomorrow morning.  Here are a few pix from this morning's session:



The band went to Hawaii this year, so I had lots of scrapbook pages to do.  

I always keep ticket stubs, brochures, and anything else I pick up to add to the scrapbooks.  I love the little fish Kim made at the Polynesian Cultural Center.  I had to trim off all the long ends, but you can still tell what it is.  

Unfortunately, I don't get photos of everything and some things I can't even find through facebook stalking.  I just add programs and ticket stubs, so it's okay not to have a photo once in a while.  

Using more of my awesome Harry Potter sticker collection.  The girls went to every HP event they could, complete with costumes and props.  I love it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.