Friday, November 16, 2012

I have a couple projects to share with you today, but want to brag on my girls first.  My oldest 2 daughters, Kim and Katie, have an etsy store where they sell minimalistic posters and other items.  They design these themselves and have done fairly well so far.  A few days ago, they were featured in New York Magazine's Gift Guide list of Pop-Culture Presents.  They are on the front page of the listings.  Kim designs custom Game of Thrones House Sigil Posters.  You can view the link here:  New York Magazine  Scroll down to the 7th item on the list.  They are one of just 2 hand made items in the guide.  Their etsy store can be viewed here:  EskimoChateau.  I'm more excited than they are, but that's my privilege as a mother.

Okay, so when we were taking our items to the craft show last weekend, we stopped at Sonic to get drinks (my idea) and the roof dripped on my boxes in the back of the truck.  One of the problems with papercrafting, is you can't get your projects wet (normally).  So I had about 8 Thanksgiving M&M treats that didn't survive the drip.
These are the pieces that suffered water damage. 
But no fear!  They were still salvageable, so I made a double page scrapbook layout with the damaged pieces.



Here are a few close ups.  Can you even tell they were water damaged?


The acorn was made with the Ornament Punch #119847 and the Large Oval Punch #119855.   The leaves were die cut with the  Autumn Accents Bigz Die #127812.  So, if you think you can use it, don't throw it away!  These 2 pages only took me about 15 minutes to make since most of my supplies were already cut!

Here is a sneak peek at the Snow Much Fun Christmas Stamp-a-stack event coming up on the last Thursday of November.  I still have supplies for 3 more people if anyone is interested.

I love this set!  We're making 5 each of 3 designs at the event.  Don't you love the bling?  This is also a quick and easy fun fold.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.