Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Blended Bloom & Scrapbooking Day 2!

Since the new catalog has arrived, I wanted to share some of the projects we made at the new catty class.  The card today uses 2 new sets (Blended Bloom & Bravo), along with our new Blendabilities Markers.  These markers are not yet available to purchase, but I'll let you know as soon as they are.

Supplies used:

Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight CS and Silver Glimmer Paper
Memento Ink Pad, Old Olive & Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Markers,
Rhinestone Basic Jewels & Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
Bravo & Blended Bloom stamp sets

Blended Bloom Wood Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Blended Bloom Wood-Mount Stamp Set135906
Price$11.95
This flower is gorgeous on its own, but put your watercoloring or blending abilities behind it, and you'll have a bloom as beautiful as the real thing. Set Quantity: 1. First appeared in 2014-2015 Annual Catalog.
Bravo Photopolymer Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Bravo Photopolymer Stamp Set135380
Price$25.95
They're big, bold, and ready to declare your best wishes. The photopolymer images are large enough to be the focal point of your cards and projects.

Set quantity: 13

First appeared in 2014-2015 annual catalog

I've completed day 2 of my scrapbook challenge.  I was able to complete Kim's college scrapbook - yay!!!  I have definitely discovered a few things in the past two days:

1.  The divided pages are amazing!!! It saves so much time by not having to decorate and layout each page.  I'm able to do a few large pages and then a lot more with divided pages - what a time saver!!

2.  Project Life divided pages vs Paper Studio divided pages:  Project Life pages are so much better in that the photos slide into the pockets at the sides, whereas the PS pages load from the top.  They are also slightly heavier in weight, so more durable.  This means that the photos sometimes slide out if you're not holding the album upright.  That being said, I'm finding that I use a ton of the landscape/6 photos on a page layouts, so I did purchase several of those from PS, even though I like the others better.  I think that when I get to the jr high photos, that I'll be able to use the smaller pocket pages from PL.  

3.  I made waaaaayyyy too many copies.  Hopefully, I'll find a use for them later.  I've also needed some extras and had to facebook stalk some of Kim's friends to find what I needed.  I now need to stock up on printer ink.  Ugh!

So here are a few photos of her college album:
UCA colors are purple and silver, so you'll notice that is the main color scheme of the album.  
This is the front of one of her graduation announcements.  
I love my Big Shot.  I have it set up on the table behind me with some alphabet dies.  No wasted stickers, just exactly what I need.  
I left a blank spot on each year page.  I'm going to UCA Saturday to pick up Samantha from band camp and am going to take photos of the dorms to put in those spots.  
3rd year dorm room was decorated like Hogwarts.  
Lots of movie photos from her films and others she worked on.  
Love decorating the big pages with press clippings and articles.  
Tomorrow, I start high school (working my way backwards).....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.