Thursday, June 12, 2014

Product share deadline, Traveler and Scrapbooking Challenge - Day 3!

There's just a few more days until the June 15th deadline for Ribbon and DSP product shares.  Call or email me asap to place your order.

Here's a great card using our new Traveler stamp set.  The ship was stamped, then covered with a mask and then a straight mask was used to sponge in the sea and sky.  I used a little Sahara Sand marker to color in a little of the ship so it wouldn't be all black and white.  The map is stamped on our new Lost Lagoon CS, then sponges with a little of the Lagoon ink.  I also used the new Lost Lagoon Ribbon.


Here's a closer look at the ship.   The circles were cut with the Circle Framelits dies.  
Supplies used:

Traveler, World Map and Really Good Greetings stamp sets
Lost Lagoon, Night of Navy, Soft Sky and Whisper White CS
Lost Lagoon, Night of Navy and Soft Sky ink, Sahara Sand Marker
Lost Lagoon 3/8" Satin Ribbon, Circle Collection Framelits Dies, Stampin' Sponges

Traveler Clear Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Traveler Clear-Mount Stamp Set134513
Price$19.95
There's something so amazing about packing a bag and hopping on a train to your next destination. You'll get that old-time feel with the Traveler clear mount set and it will have you wondering where your next adventures will take you. Set Quantity: 6. 
Lost Lagoon 3/8" Satin Stitched Ribbon by Stampin' Up!
Lost Lagoon 3/8" Satin Stitched Ribbon133672
Price$8.95
Gorgeous soft satin ribbon with tone-on-tone stitched lines down the center. In 2014-2016 In Colors. 10 yds.
My scrapbooking goal today was to start on Kim's high school album.  But instead, I spent the day sorting through years, yes, literally years, of papers (awards, programs, report cards, etc.) and sorting them into stacks for all the girls.  Then I took Kim's and sorted them according to year.  I then sorted all her remaining photos (which had mostly been done), only to discover that they weren't sorted chronologically, but in themes (birthday, trips, friends, band, etc.).  What was I thinking?!  Now I have to decide how I'm going to put this together, in order, or by themes.  UGH!!   I also took out her large storage tub of EVEN MORE PAPERS and stuff and sorted all of that.  I read through one of her 6th grade journals and that gave me a few laughs.  Here's my favorite entry:

The prompt for the day was:  The one smell that I like the most is....
And Kim's journal entry:

The one smell that I like the best is the smell of my sister getting in trouble.  When my sister gets yelled at, it kind of unleashes the bad side of me.  Like when I hit her (just playing around of course), then she hits me back harder and finally she hurts me so bad that she gets in trouble for it. That would be the sweetest smell in the world.  

Her teacher's reply:  Kim - I'm shocked!!  You seem so sweet!! Ha!

Katie thought it was hilarious and sent it to Kim, so I'll let you know what her reply was.  So I'm off to continue my grueling day of sorting, sorting, and more sorting....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.