Monday, January 5, 2015

A Valentine Sneak Peek & some new storage!

I don't know how many of you do this, but I have a notebook that sits on my desk with my planner. Every Sunday I write down lists to do for that week.  I add things as they come up throughout the week, but I love being able to cross off every item as I get them finished.  I'm almost done with today's list which included cleaning out the armoire in my bedroom and taking some things to the Goodwill.  I also dropped off a bag full of old cell phones to a collection center for "Cell Phones for Soldiers". We started a "No Sugar" eating plan (nope, I didn't say diet), so I spent a few hours shopping at 3 locations to get us off to a good start.

I thought I'd start out with a  little Valentine sneak peek from the Occasions Mini catalog today and then share some of my newer storage solutions.

This is one of our Tiny Treat Boxes (25 in a pack for $6.95).  I wrapped a piece of the new Stacked with Love DSP Stack around 3 sides of the box, added "Be mine" with the You Plus Me stamp set and attached it with some Stacked Withe Love Washi Tape.  I added a couple hearts with our punches and wrapped some Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker's Twine around the whole thing.  This is perfect for filling with Hershey Kisses or any other little treat.  A perfect size for class parties, co-worker and teacher gifts and more.  
 Supplies used:
You Plus Me stamp set (Occasions Mini)
Real Red Marker, Real Red and Whisper White card stock
Stacked with Love DSP Stack & Washi Tape (Occasions Mini)
Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (small heart) and Sweetheart Punches, Pearl Basic Jewels
Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker's Twine, Tiny Treat Boxes

I also wanted to share a couple storage solutions I have in my craft room:

Kim gave me this ink, marker and refill storage cabinet for my birthday.  It comes in natural wood and you can paint it if you want.  I left mine natural and will try to get one of the girls to paint it white the next time they owe me something.  I love it! There are 5 rows of 12 slots, so it easily holds all my classic ink pads plus a few more.  It only comes out about 5" from the wall, although the markers stick out a little further.  I have  tub with extra markers that sits on top of the shelf.  It really clears up counter space and makes everything easy to find.  You can find this shelf and more great storage ideas at http://www.stampnstorage.com/.  

I have a ton of punches!!  I had John build me this unit that hangs on the wall behind my door.  It's holds all my current punches, plus a couple extra that I use all the time.   I still don't have as much room as I'd like, so fortunately, the new punch design stacks well, so I have  a shelf on the bottom and one on top where I stack my larger punches.  Stamp-n-storage also has some punch storage which is on my wish list (yes, a very long wish list).  This will do for now and it didn't cost much since John dug into his scrap barrel and found some wood.  I did have to buy the dowels, but it serves it's purpose.  

Here's a side view to show that it's adjustable. Yes, my sign says "No Whining".  LOL!  
I'll share a few more storage ideas tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.