Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Last of the CrEW Party photos, Year-end Closeout & Happy New Year!

You only have until January 5th to take advantage of our Holiday Mini Catalog and the Year-end Closeout Sale.  Take advantage now while supplies last.  Click here for more details.

 I was able to find the rest of the photos for our gift exchange, so I wanted to share those today.

This was Michele's gift which Reta received (they got gifts from each other).  Nope, not a blueberry pie - it's a wonderful pot holder that Michele made.  She loves quilting!  She also made some homemade ornaments to go with it.  
This was a framed art piece from Reta that Michele received.  This is one of our wonderful MDS frameables.  

Okay, I have to give an apology!  I gave homemade chocolates to all my hostess tea attendees and downline in their mugs.  This was how the chocolate started out - perfect, right?  It is dark chocolate with tea and sea salt flakes.  Well, after it sat for a bit, the tea or bits of dried fruit in the tea soaked up the moisture in the chocolate so it ended up dry and crumbly - ugh!!!  I didn't realize that until it had all gone out of course, so for all of you with dark, crumbly chocolate, sorry about that!  I'll try to do better next time.  

This was the gift I made and Laura received.  It's a 16x20 mixed media canvas.  This turned out almost exactly as I planned which is most amazing since it's the first one I've ever made.  I used a combination of old music sheets, paint, stamps, DSP, card stock, etc. with lots of mod podge, some modeling paste and our stars template.  The images are from a retired set which I stamped, scanned and enlarged, then traced on current CS and DSP, then attached to the canvas.  I used an artists pen to outline everything.  I'm really happy how it turned out and plan to make more of these.  Woohoo!  

My sister was visiting when I made mine, so here's her piece - cute!!!  
Here's the last photo from the demo party - I received a Starbucks mug with goodies from Kathy W.  I love mugs, Starbucks and treats, so yay!    I don't have a photo for some reason, but Janet gave me a planner and some KCup coffees for my new Keurig.  I really rely on those planners - so thanks Janet!  

Today's sample is a New Year's card we made at our workshops in November.  This uses the Making Spirits Bright stamp set in the Holiday Mini catalog.  I love the gold and black theme with the champagne glasses.
Supplies used:
Basic Black, Whisper White, Brushed Gold card stock, Gold Glimmer Paper
Black StazOn, Crushed Curry Marker, Gold Pen
Gold Satin Ribbon, Gold Baker's Twine, Gold Sequin Trim
Scallop Tag Topper Punch

Making Spirits Bright Clear-mount Stamp Set 
Making Spirits Bright Clear-Mount Stamp Set135089
Price$19.95
A clink of the glass can say more than words when it comes to wishing someone happy holidays. But don't worry—for the verbose this set also includes a variety of sentiments to welcome in the season. Clear-mount and wood-mount. Set Quantity: 13.
Gold Stampin' Dazzle Marker by Stampin' Up! 
Gold Stampin' Dazzle Marker133634
Price$3.50
Elegant dazzle—especially for darker papers. Metallic silver and gold glitter markers.
Brushed Gold 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock 
Brushed Gold 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock102935
Price$7.95
Contains 10 sheets of 80 lb., high-quality 8-1/2" x 11" smooth card stock, dyed with pure color all the way through. Ideal for scrapbooking, this acid-free, lignin-free, and buffered card stock offers all sorts of stamping and scrapbooking options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.