Sunday, June 29, 2014

Tea Party & Scrapping Day 15!

Don't forget to check in on Tuesday for the SUDSOL New Catalog Blog Hop!!!  You won't want to miss out on all the great ideas using new items from the 2014-2015 Catalog!

Today's project is from Demonstrator Andrew Graham who is a Graphic Design college student.  His card uses a combination of the Tea Party and Metro Type Alphabet set.

The Basic Gray card stock base is embossed with the Tiny Triangles embossing folder.  I like how the 3 layers aren't centered, but layered to the bottom right of the card front.  

Here's a close up (if you can see it) of the heat embossed tea pot image.  Andrew used the Pool Party embossing powder.  Great job!!!
Supplies used:
Basic Gray, Pool Party & Lost Lagoon card stock
Tea Party & Metro Type Alphabet stamp sets
Versamark ink and Pool Party Embossing Powder
Tiny Triangles Embossing Folder

Metro Type Alphabet Photopolymer Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Metro Type Alphabet Photopolymer Stamp Set133666
Price$25.95
It's modern; it's bold; it's stylish. The Metro Type Alphabet is uptown enough for celebrating a night in New York and accessible enough for a kid's room page.

Set quantity: 39

First appeared in 2014-2015 annual catalog.
UNSET
Tea Party Clear Stamp Set129138
Price$16.95
Ooh, it's time for a tea party! Pull out your best set, get the fresh flowers ready, and send for some cucumber sandwiches because this clear mount set will have you talking properly and using your best manners. Set Quantity: 5. First appeared in 2014-2015 Annual Catalog.
Tiny Triangles Textured Impressions Embossing Folder by Stampin' Up!
Tiny Triangles Textured Impressions Embossing Folder133740
Price$7.95
Transform your cardstock with a raised, textured design. 4-1/2" x 6-3/16".
What a day today!!!  I had to do my laundry, pay bills and some other things, so I didn't get too much done today.  Yesterday, I finished off all the albums - woohoo!  I'm still missing a few photos that have been taken out of the books over the years, but I made a list and I'll keep looking. Here are all the albums and a few photos from the first one I ever made.  

These are the albums I finished over the past 2 weeks. 

These are from birth through 5th grade.  I had started using the Creative Memories albums which are well made and hold a lot of pages!!!


OMG!  I supposed you've noticed that I don't have the time to decorate the pages like I used to!  LOL!!!

Look at all those stickers!  I still have an enormous supply of stickers, so I've been using them up this month, but no end in sight.  


Look at all that journaling.  This is where I'm in trouble now.  I remember the events, but not the details, so make sure to write those down while they're still fresh, or you'll be stuck with just visual memories!  I plan to make Kim sit down and journal all those new albums with me - ha!  

Here's something I discovered about the CM albums.  They've gone through bankruptcy and changed their name, so they are not making the same products they had back in the day.  Over the past few years, my mother has been working on her albums (CM also) and would occasionally ask me for a pack of page protectors.  She says "I'll buy some for you later", well....that never happened.  So I go to finish up the old albums, and I discover the 3rd album has no protectors!  My stockpile had dwindled to almost nothing, so what was I to do?  I had a supply of the Making Memories protectors (from HL), so I trimmed off 2 edges and they slide perfectly over the CM pages - woohoo!!  I was so proud of myself, I made my family look at them - lol!  So if any of you need to do that for your old CM albums, let me know and I'll give you instructions on where to trim.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.