Friday, January 10, 2014

New Stampin'Up! video and wreaths!

I am really loving the new Spiral Flower Originals Dies in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  Here are a couple wreaths I made last month:

This is a large wreath made on a 14" Styrofoam wreath base.  It took a full pack of Real Red card stock.

I made a lot of smaller flowers to fill in the gaps after all the large roses were glued on.  To make the smaller roses, I just cut the spirals in have to make 2 flowers.  
TIP #1 - Wrap your wreath in the same color fabric or paper that you're using for your flowers so the wreath base doesn't show through.  This was my first attempt and I didn't do that, but will from now on.

This was the second project I made with the die.  I used an entire paperback book to make this 10" wreath.  

It's hard to tell from the photo, but I sprayed Champagne Shimmer mist over the wreath, as well as sponged the edges of the flowers with it.  
TIP #2:  It's VERY helpful to have a quilling tool to roll the flowers (available at your local craft store).

Steps:
1.  Purchase wreath, then wrap with either paper, ribbon or fabric in the color of the flowers.
2.  Die cut flowers (you can get 6 flowers from 1 sheet of card stock or 1 flower from a paperback book page).
3.  Twirl flowers tightly starting from the outside end.  Fold flap for bottom and hot glue together.
4.  Hot glue flowers to wreath base.  I started on the inside then worked my way out.

Here's an awesome video by Stampin'Up! showing a couple more projects and the die in action.  Remember - if you're going to make a lot of these, purchase a quilling tool!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.