Sunday, February 10, 2013

I received my newest Better Homes and Gardens magazine the other day and was looking through it.  They had some great ads and photos so I thought I would give myself a week of challenges.  I tore out several pages that inspired me, so each day this week (except Tuesday - I have something special reserved), I will post a photo of the picture that inspired me and the card I made.  I've challenged my downline to do this a few times and it's sooooo cool to see what you can come up with!

So here is my first page.  I actually made 2 cards, using different techniques.


Here's the first card.  

This is a cool, fun technique.
Here is a photo tutorial on how to make this flower image using the Joseph's Coat or Emerging Color Technique:
Sponge on Whisper White Card Stock  Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight ink. 
Sponge on Tangerine Tango and More Mustard ink.

Rub Embossing Buddy all over card stock, then stamp flower with Versamark ink, the apply Clear Embossing Powder.

Heat Clear EP until melted.  

Brayer Basic Black in over entire piece, then rub Black ink off Embossed image.  
Here's the second card:

This card could really go either way - tall or wide.  

To make the flower more vibrant, I stamped it on Basic Black Card Stock with VersaMark ink, then just put pinches of Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango and Yellow (sorry, contraband) Embossing Powder on flower, then heat embossed it. 
SUPPLIES USED:

Betsy's Blossoms stamp set #126006
Basic Black, Whisper White, Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango card stock
Silver Glimmer Paper, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Gumball Green ribbon
VersaMark, Gumball Green, Basic Black Ink
Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango Embossing Powder (and a little misc. yellow), Heat Tool, Brayer

Betsy's Blossoms Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Betsy's Blossoms Clear-Mount Stamp Set126006
Price$21.95
Organic, bold graphics make these images perfect for designing stylish cards for any occasion. Use for friendship, thank you, Mother's Day, and more! This six-piece set coordinates with the Floral District product suite.
Set Quantity: 6


Melon Mambo Embossing Powder - by Stampin' Up!
Melon Mambo Stampin' Emboss Powder123223
Price$4.75
Custom-colored Melon Mambo Stampin' Emboss Powder will add pop and pizzazz to your stamped projects. Coordinates with our sweet and summery Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper. If you’ve ever embossed before, you know what fun it is to see the powder melt into a smooth, shimmery image, right before your eyes. If not, you're in for a real treat!

   
Heat Tool
Heat Tool129053
Price$29.95
Our electric heat tool gives you the right amount of heat for any technique. Great for use with embossing powder and Heat & Stick powder.• A slim, sleek design makes it easy-to-hold.• 2 heat settings give you full control.• Use low for drying ink and high for heat-setting Stampin' Emboss Powder and Heat & Stick Powder.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.