Friday, December 14, 2012

Only 2 days left to take advantage of the "ink-redible" promotion!  Join the Stampin'Up! family for the great low price of $99 and not only do you get your choice of $125 worth of product, a box of catalogs, and a pack of business supplies, but you will also receive a set of Classic Ink Pads (your choice of Brights, Regals or Subtles) for FREE!  That's an additional $49.95 for FREE!  OR, you can put in an order for $450 (get some friends together to place a catalog party order) and get a set for free.  



Today I have an adorable holiday gift bag to show you.  We made these at our November workshops.  The bag is a small white craft bag from the store.  I had my husband cut one of my old cutting pads in half, so I could fit it in the bag.  I then used the Labels Collection Framelits and Big Shot to cut the hole, then put in the acetate DSP inside the bag to cover the hole.

It's always a wise idea to add a little Glimmer Paper to your holiday project.  

Here's a close up of the cut with the clear DSP showing through.  

the Delightful Decorations stamp set is perfect for making gift tags.  
Supplies used:  Delightful Decorations stamp set #127787
Early Espresso, Real Red and Whisper White card stock, Silver Glimmer Paper, Candlelight Christmas DSP
Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelits 125598, Scallop Edge Border Punch 119882, Ornament Punch 119847, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine 123125, Early Espresso Tulle Ribbon 127839, Rhinestone Jewels 119246

I also wanted to share a few of the Girl Scout activities we've had going on the past week.

Four of my girls were awarded recognition for helping with our Council's Oral History Project.  Two other's in the troop earned the awards as well, but were unable to attend.  I almost started crying again - jeez!  It's their last year (for most of them) and I keep getting teary eyed.  They said they would come back and come to meetings during their college breaks.  

Our last Christmas Parade.  Yes, our float is very, very small - lol!  But we put it together a couple of hours before the parade. Sometimes you just need to improvise.  We had fun, even on our jammed packed little trailer.  Ah,l the memories....

Our last Christmas Party - tears forming in my eyes.  We ate tons of food, planned to start t-shirt quilts after the holidays and gave out secret santa gifts.  My other leaders and I gave each of the girls a towel with their initial embroidered on it in their favorite color.  I love these girls and am going to miss them terribly.  Some of the girls have been in the troop for 12 years and most of them for at least 8 years.  I'm very happy and proud of them for staying in the Girl Scout program through high school graduation.  Not too many people at their age can say they've been part of a service organization for so many years, almost their whole life!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.