Thursday, August 13, 2015

A Fall Sheltering Tree

WOOHOO!  I have finished designing all the projects for the Christmas in August event - I'm so relieved!  I've put in an enormous order of card stock, adhesives, embellishments, ribbon, etc. and will start cutting and prepping next week.  I'm really excited about all the great projects.  I even have my Christmas swaps finished.  John's birthday is Friday and is having some of his work friends over on Friday and then we're moving the girls back into the dorm on Saturday and Sunday.  It will be a busy weekend of packing, shopping, cleaning, moving and cooking.   

I have a bucket sitting on my counter with projects to post on the blog and due to my super busy spring, I still have some cards to show from months ago.  Since fall is quickly approaching, I thought I'd share this one featuring the Sheltering Tree stamp set.  This was my favorite from the class we had in the spring.  It's super simple, but beautiful.

This is a 5" x 5" card, so we made a custom envelope for it.  The base is Hello Honey with a Early Espresso mat.  The image is stamped on Watercolor Paper.  I used Early Espresso, Hello Honey, Cajun Craze and Cherry Cobbler inks for the tree and leaves. 

Here's a closer look.  After stamping all the images, I took a wet paintbrush and added a little water here and there to soften and mix the colors a bit.  I love, love, LOVE this look!
Supplies:
Sheltering Tree stamp set
Hello Honey, Early Espresso and Water Color card stock
Hello Honey, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler and Cajun Craze ink
paintbrush and water

Sheltering Tree Photopolymer Stamp Set by Stampin' Up! 
  
Sheltering Tree Photopolymer Stamp Set137163
Price$25.00
Create your own friendship-scape with flowers, bikes, and trees. These Two-Step stamps give you so many creative options--combine individual stamps to build the final image you want in the colors you want.

Our top-quality photopolymer stamps have just enough give to create a perfectly stamped image every time. They're entirely transparent for perfect image placement, and they adhere well to our clear blocks. You'll only need one set of blocks for all your photopolymer stamps (blocks sold separately). The stamps come packaged in cases with images on the spine for easy storage and quick reference.

Quantity: 14 photopolymer stamps

Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): a, b, e, h

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.