Thursday, September 11, 2014

Santatizers and Sandbags!

I spent the last 3 days working on 24 sandbags for the band.  I had a friend helping with half and John helped me to fill the sand, but I finally finished today - whew!!

Here's a close up.  Kim cut the stencil with our new Silhouette and I spray painted all the bags with gold.  I thought they turned out pretty well.  Much better than the hefty bags they used last year.    

Here's all 24 dumped in a pile by the front door.  Now I just need someone to haul all of these to my car and then into the band room.  Any takers?  
My project today is this adorable "Santatizer".  We made these at our Christmas event.  I had seen this somewhere and I thought it would be perfect with our new Rotary Alphabet Stamp.

Isn't this adorable?  These 8oz hand sanitizers can be found at the Dollar Tree or even at Staples.  I found them during the back to school sales, so they had plenty in stock.  Make sure to use the ones that around rounded on both sides.  Some are concave on the back and don't work as well.  

This is one of our retired ornaments and dies, but you could use a star or oval or anything else that would make a tag.  
Supplies used: 
Rotary Alphabet Stamp and Ornament Keepsakes set and dies (retired)
Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black, Brushed Silver, Old Olive card stock
Real Red ink
Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Curly Label Punch and 1" Square Punch, Sticky Strip and 8oz hand sanitizer

Alphabet Rotary Stamp by Stampin' Up!
Alphabet Rotary Stamp133769
Price$14.95
Includes alphabet and basic punctuation to create your own phrases.
Curly Label Punch
Curly Label Punch119851
Price$16.95
Let our punches knock you out! All punch images are shown actual size.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.