Saturday, September 6, 2014

More Christmas ideas!

We just came home from watching my husband's first discovery flight.  He took off on a one hour flight that he's been waiting forever to take.  He was sooo excited.  I know he's looking forward to taking flying lessons one of these days to get his pilot's license.

John is on the left and his friend Roger is on the right.  

Getting ready for take off.  Roger's daughter, Kirby, was the flight instructor.  


John took off and flew around town, then Kirby came in for the landing.  The weather was a bit windy and overcast, but worked out fine.  
I'm feeling a bit better from the fall.  Still a little sore and it's hard to lift legs too high or bend too much, but it's better every day, so I'm hoping to be  back in action by the end of the week.  It's starting to get super busy around here, so it's not the time to be incapacitated.  I finished up all my notebook sets for the Li'l Bita Christmas show and made lots of cute santa and elf fry box treats. Taking a break today to get some things done around the house I've been procrastinating on, work on some posts and get my September workshop projects ready.  I have a class Monday morning, so I'd better get that going.

Kim (my oldest) has a booth at the NEA Fair the 15-20th doing airbrush face painting and tattoos. She's in the other room tatting up the girls for practice.  They make me laugh.  Jackie came in with tattoos all over her legs - lol!  We split the cost of a Silhouette e-cutter and she's been making a ton of her own stencils and then I get to keep it when she leaves - woohoo!  Make sure to stop by her booth if you're going to the fair next week.  I'll be helping out when I have free time or her sisters will be there with her.  It's going to be a loooong week!!  I just went in and took these.  These were designs her and Jackie cut with the Silhouette.
Doctor Who (shaped like the Tardis)

A combo of Harry Potter, Dr. Who and Sherlock - yes we are a nerdy family.  

The photo is blurry, not the tattoo.  This one has been on Kim's leg for 3 days and is still looking good.  
I have 2 samples to show you today.  The first one is from guest stamper Sue Warrington from Kennett, MO.  Sue used the retired Evergreen stamp set to make this beautiful holiday card.

I love the Blackberry Bliss and Crumb Cake color combo.  

Supplies used:
Evergreen stamp set, White StazOn & Blackberry Bliss ink, Oval Framelits Dies, Decorative Dots embossing folder, Crumb Cake, Blackberry Bliss and Very Vanilla CS, Rhinestones, retired Washi

Julie, Lindsay, Sue (featured stamper), Karen, Judy and Sandy
Our second project is from CREW Stamper Kathy Weston and features our new Holiday Home Bundle.
This photopolymer set is perfect for making a multi-stamp design.  

The houses are cut with the framelits and the smaller one is popped out for more dimension.  I love all the glitter on the trees!
Supplies used: 
Holiday Home stamp set, Homemade Holiday Framelits
Basic Black, Soft Suede and Garden Green ink, markers, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White card stock



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.