Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Oh my gosh!  I've not posted in 2 days - this is my first lapse.  I'm sure I'll have more, but will try not to.  We had our annual Hostess Tea on Sunday, so I thought I'd share some moments from that, so you'd know what I've been up to.  Tomorrow, I'll post some photos of the projects we made.

I love to decorate for the Tea in a theme, so this year we had an Asian theme.  Katie baked homemade fortune cookies and I added a "stamping fortune" and decorated each one differently.  Fun!



My good friend Jan Mather had given me a large sleeve of these take out boxes a while back and I was saving them for the perfect occasion.  I stamped some images from the retired Asian Artistry stamp set (borrowed from Mary Harvey - thanks), then tied ribbon and added a 3D flower.  


Here is the place setting with a fan, mini handmade fan pin, tea tin, chopsticks and fortune cookie box.  
Katie and I spent about 4 days baking and cooking, so here are some of the food photos.  This was our dessert table.  I'll share more tomorrow.


Almond Cookies - my favorite!

Candy Sushi.  OMG - too much fun to make!  This was about 1/2 of what I made.  Yes, I tend to overdue everything, but I had a plateful for our Girl Scout party the next day.  

Creamy Coconut Cake - yum!  
Of course, we did manage to stamp a little, so here are some of the ladies:

Pam, Michele and Jan

Janet, Christal and Sherry

Hard at work. 

I'll share more tomorrow.  Doesn't this look like fun?  All you have to do is host a qualifying workshop of $150 or more during 2013 and you'll receive a personal invitation to attend the Tea in December.  Or, be one of my top 5 customers and you can also receive one.  I'm booking workshops now, so make sure to reserve a date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.