Tuesday, November 6, 2012

If you have seen the front cover of the Holiday Mini Catalog, you've seen that gorgeous ornament.  I've been wanting to make some of these, so I decided to make one for each of my November and December hostesses.  That was my Halloween night project - lol!







Here are my top 5 reasons for being a Stampin'Up! Hostess for one of my workshops:

5.  A fun evening or morning or afternoon with family and friends.  You get to make 3 projects, take them home and show them off!  Best of all, I supply all the tools you need, cut everything in advance, and all you have to do is stamp and assemble (maybe die cut or emboss, but that's fun too).

4.  Hostess gifts.  I used to give my hostesses a free catalog, but now, everyone can get a free catalog.  So, I thought "What could I do for my hostesses?" The answer - a gift!  This has been super fun for me!  I gave hostesses a decorated magazine file box in September, a framed Halloween art piece in October and this month, they each get a handmade ornament.  How great is that?

 3. Wonderful hostess benefits.  The minimum qualifying order for a workshop is $150.  With a $150 workshop, you get $25 in your choice of free products.  Larger workshops get you more benefits.

2.  Special Hostess Promotions.  This month, if you have a workshop of $450, you get $65 in your choice of free merchandise, 1 additional item at 50% off (think Big Shot, die set or alphabet set), AND a free set of ink pads!!!

1.  THE HOSTESS TEA!  My personal favorite.  This is annual event held on the 2nd Sunday of December.  All qualifying hostesses (you must have a workshop of at least $150 in sales) receive an exclusive invitation in the mail.  I will also be sending an invitation to my top 5 customers (non-hostesses).  We have lots of great food, projects, door prizes for everyone, games and fun!  I usually have a sale table with discounted retired products or craft show items.  I'm already in the planning stages for this year.  It will be an Asian inspired theme.

Here are a few photos from last year's Hostess Tea.  We had a western theme.  The year before that, we had a pirate theme - too fun!

This is one of the 4 tables we had going.  I gave everyone a cowboy hat.  

This is my Wynne CREW.  I love coming up with decorating ideas for the Tea.  I used brown paper placemats, plastic ware was wrapped in a bandana napkin with raffia and an ornament.  

My girls help me with the food.  I also love coming up with a theme inspired menu.  

The dessert table!  Yes, it's in December, so my house is decorated for Christmas, but who cares?  Themes colliding - can you say clash?  

I really need to watch my shopping habits.  Will I ever use this cowboy Santa again?  Maybe he can be a door prize???  I think I'll hold on to the latern in case the zombie apocalypse comes and we loose power (or hurricane Sandy - who named that thing?).    

Sale table (one of several)

So now that you've had a sneak peek at the Hostess Tea fun, make plans to hold your own workshop for family and friends after the holidays.  I have a couple dates in November, but am just about booked.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.